Thursday, September 28, 2006

Brave Old Man Exposes Himself to Class

By now, everyone knows that taboos were made to be challenged. It's a basic human liberty to challenge taboos, and right now, that basic freedom is ... well, it's being challenged. Today, 56-year-old Mo Xiaoxin, assistant professor at a university in Changzhou, in the eastern Jiangsu province of China, exposed himself during a lecture on the body as art form. During the lecture, Mo was joined by an elderly man and woman, and also a young man and woman. He then encouraged his students to likewise take off their clothes. "I'm glad Professor Mo feels so comfortable with his body," said one student. "He made me realize how destructive taboos can be." Another said, "My eyes are open! The human body should be free!" By the end of the lecture, the class had created a dance circle, and all the students clapped and swung around the professor's articles of clothing as they chanted, "One Mo Time!" I saw this coming years ago, soon after I moved out of my parents' home and had to do laundry. I knew this clothes fetish wouldn't last. The revolution has started, one old prune-like Chinese man at a time. Vindicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home