Monday, November 06, 2006

Hang On, These Races Aren't Over Yet

By now, I just don't know who to vote for. What do you think I should do? I haven't revealed many of my personal details, but by now I'm sure any devoted reader of this blog has at least figured out that I'm a middle-aged mother of two from Colorado's 4th congressional district. Until this morning, I thought for sure I'd vote for state Representative Angie Paccione, a Democrat. She went to school on a basketball scholarship, and I like that. On the other hand, now that Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death by hanging, Marilyn Musgrave, the Republican incumbent, is looking a whole lot better. I didn't like her support of the Federal Marriage Amendment - which would prevent same-sex couples from getting married and prohibit judicial extensions of marriage-like rights to same-sex couples - but now that Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death, I just don't know. I have to admit, I was troubled when the National Education Association (NEA) gave Rep. Musgrave an "F" on her Legistlative Report Card. I'm a teacher myself, you see, and both my kids are still in school. I believe a strong education is the backbone of any responsible citizen. Her voting record on educational issues is pretty abominable. And I have to say, even though I'm a Christian, her sponsorship of a resolution in Congress to declare 2007 the "National Year of the Bible" made me laugh quite a bit. Still, I have to remind myself, Saddam Hussein will soon be hanged to death. I'm going Musgrave all the way. Vindicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home