Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hot Swan on Swan Action?

By now, every Johnny Punchcard with a news aggregator knows that, in Australia, a black swan has fallen in love with a swan-shaped paddleboat. It'd be a lie if I didn't say I wasn't wrong about this all along. In 1952, I wrote in my seminal work of sexual psychology, On the Homosexes, that unnatural situational bonds will not lead to a deep, permanent love, and especially should not lead to marriage. I wrote, quote: "There are three things I find most foul and injurious to our sacred institution of marriage: A) The possibility of homosexual marriage, B) the possibility this may lead to other types of unnatural love (between, say, I don't know, a bird - we'll say a swan, - and a boat), and C) the institution of marriage itself" (my emphasis). Reverend, if you are asking me if I would take that hand and, in sickness and in health, in richness and in poor, until death do us part, say "I do," then - if that hand is the hand of vindication - I most certainly do. Vindicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home